Ride Participant Terms and Conditions
By registering to participate in the Cycle of Giving on Sunday 10 March 2019, all participants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. Only these terms and conditions which cannot be excluded by law bind The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation ABN 34 853 168 302 (TPCHF). All other conditions, warranties and representations are excluded. All participants will comply with these terms and conditions and any reasonable direction issued by TPCHF, or its representatives.
1. The Cycle of Giving is NOT A RACE. The event is a community participation and fundraising event - promoting organ and tissue transplantation and raising money for medical research. The event organiser is The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation.
2. It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure they are physically capable of completing the ride.
3. In accordance with Queensland law, all participants must wear an Australian standards approved bicycle helmet.
4. Any medical conditions which may affect a participant’s ability to complete the ride must be declared to the event organisers prior to the event. Emergency contact information must be provided to event organisers prior to the event.
5. Any rider falling significantly behind the last group of cyclists will, in the interests of safety, be required to stop cycling and will be transported in the ‘sag wagon’ to the finish line.
6. The Cycle of Giving is an on-road cycle event. All participants are responsible for ensuring their bicycle is mechanically sound and capable of being ridden on open roads.
7. The course is almost exclusively on open roads and cyclists will ride alongside road traffic. Cyclists must obey Queensland road rules and all instructions from police, event organisers and traffic controllers and ride to the conditions to ensure safety.
8. No refunds will be issued. Participant registration fees are contributing to the running costs of the event, including police escorts, traffic management, refreshments and transport. The registration is not transferrable to another person.
9. Cycling involves inherent risks and participants are required to conduct themselves in a manner that does not endanger themselves or any other participants.
10. If injured during the ride, participants consent to medical treatment and have provided an emergency contact.
11. By participating in the ride and any activities associated with the event, participants accept all risks necessarily flowing from their participation that could result in loss of life or injury or property damage. Accordingly, participants release all people associated with the conduct of the event from, and will indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence) for all injury, loss or damage (including loss of life and personal injury) arising out of or connected with participation in this event. For clarification, the people released include event organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers including their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds participants’ heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
12. Participants are only covered by the event insurance if they have paid their registration fee and checked in at the start point.
13. Participants must be wearing their event number throughout the entire event.
14. The event commences at one location as specified. Participants are not covered for any accident or injury occurring prior to the cycle event’s official start times.
15. The cycle finishes at the James Drysdale Reserve in Bunya. Participants are not covered for any accident or injury occurring after leaving the cycle event (which includes the start and finish line activities) or after discontinuing the cycle.
16. Participants are responsible for their home journey after the cycle. No transport will be provided.
17. Participants may be photographed or filmed during the event. By registering you give permission for your photograph or vision of you to be taken. This material may be used by The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation and its partners for promotional purposes, not exclusive to the ride.
18. The Cycle of Giving is a bicycle event. Tandem, recumbent, electric and foot bikes are allowed, provided riders can keep up with the general pack pace. Participants are not permitted to walk, run, scoot or skate.
19. Children under 16 years of age can participate in the event but MUST have a parent or guardian registered to accompany them on the ride. This event takes part on open roads with exposure to regular traffic, and therefore a minimum participant age of eight years old is advised. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure their children ride in a manner that does not pose a danger to themselves or other participants.
20. No animals are permitted in the ride.
21. Any participants behaving in a manner deemed by event organisers or police to be dangerous, criminal or antisocial will be expelled without refund.
22. The cycle event will take place in rain or shine. The event will only be cancelled, at the advice of police, should there be unsafe weather conditions. No refunds will be issued.
23. Participants may receive written or oral communication from The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation outside of this event. No personal details will ever be provided or sold to a third party.
24. The event may be covered by media. Participants are under no obligation to participate in media interviews; however, participation in this event implies consent for media photographs or video.
25. Participants certify that they have read this document and fully understand it.
Ride Participant Terms and Conditions Last modified on 06 February 2019
Website Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of the Cycle of Giving (COG) Website (defined below) and form part of Our Agreement (defined below) ("Terms and Conditions"). Our Agreement deals with what you must do, what we agree to do, how we deal with each other's "content" and "intellectual property" what you must not do, our liability, your liability, privacy obligations and other matters.
- The COG Website (at http://www.cycleofgiving.org.au) (the "COG Website"). References to the "COG Website" mean the features and services we make available, including through our website at http://www.cycleofgiving.org.au and any other COG branded Website or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, and mobile versions); and
- The COG program (COG). By "COG" we mean the service of a website based community where an individual or group can raise funds for The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation.
You may provide content ("Content"). By "Content" we mean the content and information you provide to COG or post on or make available to the COG Website, including, without limitation, information about you and the actions you take, any photos, video, or text or other forms of content.
Information about us
1. We are Clear Heads International Ltd (CHIL), an Australian public company, limited by guarantee (ACN 160 945 184) and have our registered office at 705, 6A Glen Street Milsons Point, New South Wales 2065 Australia. We provide the COG Website on behalf of The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation.
What is "Our Agreement" and who does it cover?
2. Our Agreement comprises:
(a) These Terms and Conditions;
(c) Policies, notices and disclaimers displayed elsewhere on the COG Website; and
(d) The Payment Terms (available here: https://www.cycleofgiving.org.au/payment-terms).
The terms of Our Agreement apply to every page on the COG Website and the COG Website is made available to you subject to the terms of Our Agreement. By using the COG Website you are deemed to have accepted the terms of Our Agreement.
3. Our Agreement governs our relationship with:
(a) Registered participants of COG (we call you "Participants"); and
(b) People who make donations ("Donors") through the COG Website ("Donations"), where offered, or otherwise access or use the COG Website (together, we call you "Website Users").
Our Agreement also governs the relationship between Participants and the companies and brands that sponsor COG (we call them "Partners").
4. If you are a Participant you are deemed to agree to Our Agreement at the time you create an account with us.
5. If you are not a Participant but you make a donation, are a Donor or you are otherwise a Website User; you agree to Our Agreement at the time you access and use the COG Website (including to make a Donation. You enter into a separate agreement each time this occurs).
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and agree to the terms of Our Agreement. You must read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Some of the terms used in Our Agreement are defined throughout these Terms and Conditions or at the end.
7. If you are a Participant, you must read and agree to the terms of Our Agreement before you tick the accept box. By ticking the accept box you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the terms of Our Agreement.
8. If you are not a Participant you must read and agree to the terms of Our Agreement before you proceed at any time to access and use the COG Website (including to make a Donation). By making a Donation you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the terms of Our Agreement.
9. If you do not agree to any term or condition of Our Agreement (including any disclaimer displayed elsewhere or the Payment Terms) you must not continue to:
(a) Have an account as a Participant;
(b) Make any Donation;
(d) Otherwise access or use COG or the COG Website.
10. If you have any questions or wish to clarify any term in Our Agreement, please contact us at [email protected]
How can Our Agreement change?
11. We reserve the right to amend or change the terms of Our Agreement at any time by posting any changes on the COG Website. You should regularly check the COG Website for this purpose.
12. Any new or amended terms will be effective immediately when they are posted, and by continuing to use the COG Website you agree to be bound by the most current version of the terms of Our Agreement.
13. If you disagree with any of these changes, you must immediately discontinue being a Participant, making any Donation, or otherwise accessing and using the COG Website. By continuing to do any of the foregoing you are deemed to have agreed to the new or amended terms of Our Agreement.
Accessing the COG Website
14. The COG Website is made available free of charge.
15. We do not guarantee that the COG Website, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. Access to the COG Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the COG Website without notice. Without limiting these Terms and Conditions, we will not be liable to you if, for any reason, the COG Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
16. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the COG Website.
Participants must have accounts
18. It is your responsibility to act responsibly as a Participant.
19. You must keep your account information up to date with us. We require this to be able to identify you, to contact you as permitted under Our Agreement and for security purposes.
20. If you choose to use a workplace email address for your account or to access the COG Website, you are responsible for ensuring that such use complies with any rules, policies or protocols which apply to the use of the Internet in your workplace.
21. In creating an account you must choose a password that is a minimum (5) characters long. You must keep your password secure and must not reveal your password to anyone else.
22. We have the right to disable any account information or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion, you have failed to comply with any of terms of Our Agreement.
23. If you allow someone else to use your account, you are liable under Our Agreement for any act or omission by them which may breach Our Agreement.
24. If you know or suspect that someone else has obtained your account information or password without your consent you must notify us promptly at [email protected]
25. Where legally required, we will notify you and any relevant authorities should we be aware of or have a reasonable basis to suspect that the security of your account or any information about you held by us has been compromised or if you may be seriously affected by a breach by another person of Our Agreement with them.
27. You acknowledge and agree that all content and information you share or post on or make available to the COG Website will be publicly viewable.
Communications with you
28. If you are a Participant, you agree that we may contact you using your account details in relation to your participation with COG. We will only communicate with you for marketing purposes, news about COG or news about The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation beneficiaries if you opt-in to such communications.
29. If you make a Donation, you agree that we may contact you using your contact details which you provide at the time of making a Donation in relation to your donation. We may also contact you in relation to COG but we will only communicate with you for marketing purposes, news about COG or news about The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation beneficiaries if you opt-in to such communications.
30. You agree that our main form of communication with you will be by email or through the COG Website. If you provide us with a telephone number, you agree that we may contact you through that number also.
31. You may opt-in to certain communications from us or third parties in relation to marketing, news about COG, news about beneficiaries, or other information available from time to time. If you do so, we or third parties may communicate with you in accordance with your opt-in unless you notify us or them otherwise.
Payments you might make
32. If you make any Donation you agree to our Payment Terms (available here: www.cycleofgiving.org.au/payment-terms) at the time of doing so.
33. You must only make Donations in accordance with Our Agreement (including the Payment Terms).
You should read this if you are outside Australia
34. COG and the COG Website are designed for participation of people who are resident or living in Australia.
35. We do not represent that content available on or through the COG Website is appropriate or available in other locations. Accessing and using the COG Website from countries where the content is or could be illegal is strictly prohibited.
36. If you are a Participant or access or use the COG Website from a location outside Australia, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law you do so at your own risk.
About you sharing your content and intellectual property
37. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the COG Website, or to make contact with other users of the COG Website, you must comply with the acceptable use standards and policies as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
38. We understand the importance to you of the content you post on or make available to the COG Website ("Your Content"). Under Our Agreement, any content uploaded by you will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary but you retain ownership rights to Your Content.
39. In order for us to make COG available in our desired format and structure and for us to provide the functions we wish on the COG Website, we must be able to use certain types of Your Content in certain ways. Therefore, you give us a perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works from, display and perform Your Content in order to:
(a) Enable you to share Your Content on the COG Website;
(b) Share Your Content on the COG Website and through emails, social media or SMS with other Participants or Donors;
(c) Enable you to access and use the COG Website;
(d) Make and distribute marketing material in relation to COG which includes Your Content at any time (including after Our Agreement is terminated);
(e) Back up the data on the COG Website;
(f) Ensure your compliance with Our Agreement; and
(g) Comply with any obligation we have under in relation to COG, the COG Website and/or Your Content.
40. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
41. You warrant and represent that you have the authority and ability to grant us the license referred to above and to the fullest extent legally permitted you irrevocably waive any moral rights (or similar rights) you have in Your Content. You also represent and warrant that Your Content is lawful and is not offensive, obscene or defamatory and does not infringe the legal rights of any other person.
42. You agree that Your Content is free from viruses or other malicious material and you must not misuse the COG Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the COG Website, the server on which the COG Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the COG Website. You must not attack the COG Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the COG Website will cease immediately.
43. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the COG Website. Any views or opinions expressed by users of the COG Website do not represent the views, opinions or values of COG.
44. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in Our Agreement
45. When you remove Your Content it may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be available to others.
About us sharing our content and intellectual property with you
46. We have worked very hard to develop and build COG and the COG Website so it can be available and useable by you. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and us:
(a) We are the owner of copyright and all other intellectual property in any content available or provided through COG and the COG Website other than Your Content; and
(b) The COG Website (and any modifications, adaptations, updates or new versions) is and embodies customised architecture, guided forms, processes, methods, activities, strategies, trade secrets, know how, and techniques and other ideas which are our intellectual property and must only be used by you in accordance with Our Agreement.
47. We give you the following licence in relation to the COG Website but you cannot access, use or exploit the COG Website outside this licence. While you have the right to access and use the COG Website, we authorise and license you on a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable basis to use the COG Website in accordance with Our Agreement. You are not permitted and do not have a licence to reproduce, modify or adapt any software on the COG Website or material appearing on the COG Website. You are not authorised and have no licence to use or reproduce our registered or unregistered trademarks unless we provide you with express permission in writing to do so. You must not use any part of the content on the COG Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
48. You may print off one copy, any may download extracts, of some content from the COG Website, including, posters, donation forms and other images for personal use and to help raise awareness of, and donations for, COG.
49. If you use of exploit any part of the COG Website in breach of the above licence, your right to use the COG Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
About other people's content and intellectual property
50. You must ensure you have all intellectual property rights and any other rights required to the content to enable you to post on or make available such content to the COG Website.
51. You must not use or exploit other people's content provided through COG or posted to or made available on the COG Website unless they give you express permission to do so. You will not post content about other people on the COG website unless they give you express permission to do so.
Things you must do (to keep COG and the COG Website appropriate and working properly)
52. We want to keep all content and information shared through COG and on the COG Website appropriate and in compliance with relevant laws and legal obligations and we need to protect the rights and safety of all Participants and Website Users. We also need to protect the security and integrity of COG and the COG Website. We need your help in order to do this. So, you agree that:
(a) If you are a Participant, make any Donations you will comply with all applicable laws in doing so;
(b) You will comply with all applicable laws in relation to your access to and use of the COG Website (including but not limited to duties and obligations of confidentiality and privacy);
(c) You will not send or otherwise post unauthorised or unsolicited commercial communications to users (such as spam) through COG or the COG Website;
(d) You will not directly promote or advertise any goods or services through COG or the COG Website without our consent; you will not use COG or the COG Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
(e) You will not use COG or the COG Website in a way, or post to or make available via COG or the COG Website any material, which interferes with other users or defames, intimidates, harasses, threatens, menaces or offends any person or which inhibits any other user from using or enjoying COG or the COG Website or which is indecent, violent, inflammatory or pornographic material or material in any way offensive that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
(f) You will not solicit or collect other people’s information through COG or the COG Website, or otherwise access the COG Website using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission;
(g) You will not tamper with, hinder the operation of, or make unauthorised modifications to the COG Website;
(h) You will not knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to or via COG or the COG Website;
(i) You will not frame or mirror or link to any part of the COG Website without our prior written consent;
(j) You will not post content or take any action on the COG Website that infringes someone else's rights;
(l) You will not use the COG Website in any way that is fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect or for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
(m) You will not attempt any of the above acts or permit another person to do any of the above acts.
53. You are solely responsible for Your Content that you provide to or make available on the COG Website.
54. You must immediately notify us if you become aware or have a reason to believe any other Participant or Website User is doing any of the acts in section 52 above.
Specific terms for Participants
55. We need your help to protect your security as a Participant. You therefore agree to do the following:
(a) You will not provide any false personal information to COG or on the COG Website, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission;
(b) You will notify us immediately if the security of your account has been compromised or if your identification details for your account become known by a third party; and
(c) You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account.
About Advertisements on the COG Website
56. Our goal is to provide third party advertising and links to beneficiaries or others that may be valuable or interesting to you. The COG Website may contain links to websites owned, operated or hosted by third parties which are not under our control (Linked Websites). Links to Linked Websites are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
57. You may choose to access such websites or resources at your sole discretion. Links to Linked Websites, and the advertisement of any third parties, should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation, or preference by COG of them or their goods/services, nor does it imply that there is any association between us and the operators of these websites. We do not make any representation or warranty in respect of these websites or resources (including as to their accuracy, completeness or security). To the extent permitted by law, we take no responsibility and have no liability in relation to them and your use or reliance on these is at your own risk.
58. We may receive sponsorship, fees and/or commissions from third parties in connection with Linked Websites or third party advertising. You acknowledge and consent to us receiving the sponsorship, fees and/or commissions.
What we can do if you do not comply with Our Agreement
59. We take your obligations very seriously, so if we believe you have violated Our Agreement, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can (without limiting any other section of these Terms and Conditions):
(a) Stop providing the COG Website to you (including preventing you from making a Donation);
(b) Remove (including destroy) any of Your Content;
(c) Suspend, disable or terminate your account with COG (if you are a Participant); and/or
(d) Terminate Our Agreement.
We can undertake these above acts immediately although we will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible.
60. If, after receiving our notice, you believe we undertook any acts under clause 59 by mistake, we will take reasonably efforts to give you an opportunity to provide us with an explanation or reason as to why and we will consider your explanation or reason.
Other ways for termination of Our Agreement
61. We may terminate Our Agreement, your account with COG (if you are a Participant) or end your access to or use of the COG Website (including preventing you from making a Donation) at any time without any reason on reasonable notice to you.
62. You may terminate Our Agreement and, if you are a Participant, your account with COG at any time without any reason by notice to us. If you have made a Donation, your ability to terminate such donation is subject to the Payment Terms.
63. Sections 21, 24, 27, 28, 30, 31, 35, 39 to 48, 57, 58 and 64 to 88 still apply after termination of your account and/or Our Agreement:
You must read these disclaimers on safety, security and availability carefully.
64. We use 128 bit SSL encryption technologies and use reasonable efforts to protect the privacy of the information you provide to us. To the extent we hold such information, we encrypt all email addresses, passwords and other contact details of the Participants or people who make Donations
65. We try to keep the COG Website available, bug-free, and safe and secure, but we cannot guarantee that the COG Website will be available, free of bugs, safe or secure and you use it at your own risk.
66. The content on the COG Website is provided for general information only and is not intended to amount to any advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content of the COG Website.
67. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the COG Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the COG Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
68. We may not at all times control or monitor the truth, accuracy, completeness, safety, timeliness, quality, appropriateness, legality or applicability any content, information or communications by Participants or Website Users via COG or the COG Website. You use and rely on any such content, information or communications at your own risk
69. You must provide at your own expense, all hardware, software or any other equipment necessary to access the Internet or otherwise enable you to be a part of COG as a Participant or access or use the COG Website. The ability for you to be a part of COG as a Participant or access or use the COG Website will be dependent on your hardware, software and network infrastructure as well as shared infrastructure of the Internet and our security processes. You should use your own virus protection software.
70. The Internet is sometimes unreliable and is a difficult medium to secure. We cannot guarantee the security of COG or the COG Website or the systems (including the Internet and your hardware and software) used to access the COG Website, or any information that passes through such systems. However, we do agree to use reasonable endeavours to do ensure the security of COG or the COG Website.
71. To the extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any unauthorised access to your personal information or loss of or corruption of data caused by any third party or via any third party system.
72. We may need from time to time to make the COG Website unavailable and/or withdraw or limit access to the COG Website in order to effect any changes to, or remedy any faults in, the COG Website.
We limit our liability to you
73. You acknowledge that we do not charge any fee for you to use COG or the COG Website. Accordingly, our liability in connection with any matter arising from or connected to the use of COG or the COG Website is substantially excluded or limited. The below section sets out our entire liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our officers, employees, consultants, authorised agents) to you in connection with the COG Website and for any breach of our Agreement, breach of statute, representation, statement or tortious act (including negligence) or omission arising under or in connection with the COG Website and our Agreement and your attention is particularly drawn to the following provisions:
74. In so far not expressly referred to under these Terms and Conditions we are providing COG and the COG Website "as is" without any express or implied warranties or conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties and conditions with respect to availability, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of third party rights in relation to the COG Website and any content, functionality, services offered, supplied or made available through or in connection with it (whether or not by us or a third party). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all warranties and conditions that may otherwise be implied into Our Agreement.
75. We comply with our security obligations under applicable data protection law but cannot 100% guarantee that COG or the COG Website will be safe or secure.
76. You acknowledge that CHIL is not a registered charity and does not issue charitable donation tax receipts for income tax purposes. Donation receipts will be issued by The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation.
77. We are not responsible for the actions or content of third parties, and to the fullest extent legally permitted you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. This includes that we provide no warranties and have no liability in connection with:
(a) Your relationship with third parties regarding your participation or donations in relation to COG, including your relationship as a donor to any charitable organization with which the COG challenge is affiliated as a recipient of donations made by you;
(b) Any loss or unauthorised access or use of Your Content, your information or account by a third party;
(c) Donations not made directly by you through the COG web-site, including donations you remit to a participant; or
(d) The use or misuse of COG and the COG Website by a third party.
78. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not responsible for and have no liability in relation to the following (whether direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special or other types of losses or damages):
(a) Loss caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control such as faults in third party equipment; or
(b) Loss caused by use of, or inability to use the COG Website or use of or reliance on any content displayed on the COG Website;
(c) Death or injury, except that our liability to you for death or injury resulting from our negligence shall not be limited or excluded;
(d) Any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial of service attack or other technologically harmful material that may affect your computer equipment, programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the COG Website; or
(e) Loss of data, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, special, incidental or consequential loss, whether suffered by you or any other party and however so arising, including claims based in contract (including for repudiation), tort (including negligence), common law, equity, statute or otherwise whether in relation to your access to and use of the COG Website, your participation in COG or otherwise.
79. We are not responsible for and have no liability in relation to any loss to the extent that it is caused by you, for example, through your negligence or breach of contract.
80. If, subject to what is set out in this “We limit our liability to you” section, we are liable, you agree that we are only liable up to the sum of AUD $100.
81. You must take reasonable steps to minimize the extent of the loss you may suffer for which we may be liable. You must notify us in writing of your loss as soon as is reasonably possible.
82. NOTHING IN OUR AGREEMENT IS INTENDED TO LIMIT OR EXCLUDE YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER OR ANY LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES THAT CANNOT BE SO LIMITED OR EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Your liability to us
83. You must indemnify (and keep indemnified), defend and hold us, our officers, employees, and agents harmless from any and all third party claims, liability, losses, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from:
(a) Your breach of Our Agreement;
(b) Your Content;
(c) Your infringement, of any intellectual property or other right of any person (including by Your Content);
(d) Your acts or omission as a Participant; or
(e) Your access to and use of the COG Website.
Other contract terms
84. Our Agreement is governed by Australian law (the laws of NSW and the laws of Australia that apply in NSW, and the parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW and Australia for the purpose of hearing and determining any dispute arising out of or in any way relating to Our Agreement or its formation and for the purpose of enforcement of any judgement.
85. Our Agreement makes up the entire agreement between Participants and Website Users and us and supersedes any prior agreements.
86. If any portion of Our Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
87. If we delay or fail to enforce any of Our Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver.
88. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under Our Agreement to anyone else without our consent.
89. All of our rights and obligations under Our Agreement are freely assignable by us.
Website Terms and Conditions Last modified on 07 February 2019